Pastor Brian Jones
Passover Service: April 5, 2015
Scripture Reading: 2 Corinthians 5:17
Become new in Christ and put away the old man. All things will be new! But know that you can resurrect the old man at any time and work to stay away from those things that will tempt you.
Available in audio only. The following scriptures were discussed:
- Galatians 2:20: Christ died in our place and He Lives in us.
- Romans 6:3-6 We have weaknesses, but we have strength through the church.
- Psalms 51:10 We need a clean hear and Holy Spirit within us.
- Psalms 50-5-7 God is who He is, not who we want Him to be. God's stance on interracial relationships and same sex relationships have not changed from the Old to the New Testament.
- Romans 10:1-3 Some have a zeal for God, but haven't submitted to Him and have established their own righteousness.
- 2 Thessalonians 2:10-11 God sends strong delusion to those who don't care about the truth of the Bible.
- 2 Timothy 3:1-7 These things will draw you away from the truth.
- 2 Timothy 4:10 If you do evil, God will reward you.
- 2 Timothy 4:1-8 For the time will come that sound doctrine is turned away from. People want to be entertained in churches today. If they don't feel good coming away from a church service, they will go elsewhere. Modern churches want popularity more than they want the truth of the Bible. Discussion of the Prodigal Son.
- John 12:40-43 Loved popularity more than the remnant.
- Matthew 12: 30 Jesus said "he that is not with me is against me".
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 You must become a new creature in Christ. In surrendering to Christ, you must let Him set the terms and you should surrender ALL. That means put aside pagan holidays such as Christmas and Easter and stop going to a Judeo-Christian church.
- Luke 9:62 You have the power to resurrect the old person.
- Luke 14:26-30 He didn't stay the course, but went back to the world; back to false gods. Only YOU have the power to ressurect the old man.
- Romans 8:35-39 God separated Israel from the other nations.
- Joshua 24:14-23 Put away strange gods! Any god who is not the God of Israel is a Baal god. Judeo-Christianity is a religion with a Baal god. God is who He is, not who you want Him to be.
- Matthew 5:10-11 Prophets have always been disliked. Stay the course.
- John 20:19 Don't be so hard on non-believers. This is the story of doubting Thomas. Jesus blessed them who have not seen but still believe, but he also blessed Thomas. Thomas only wanted to see what Jesus had already shown the other disciples.
- Luke 13:23-28 He suffered and we will suffer as well. Do not resurrect the old man.