by Brian Jones
October 16, 2022
Scripture Reading: I John 5:10-13
Be of good witness. Be courteous; be kind. If you do so, you will hear the words "Well done, good and faithful servant"
Available in audio only. Scriptures discussed:
- Proverbs 27:6 We need goode friends to witness out of love. The wounds of friend who is honest with you will heal.
- Ezekiel 3:17-21 Warn the wicked. Preachers are guilty of not warning of unrighteousness and iniquity for fear of losing people from their congregations.
- Proverbs 15:1-3 Don't beat people up with scripture. Be gentle, be soft, but be firm.
- 1 John 2:15-17
- 1 John 4:1-3 There are worldly churches, pastors and doctrines.
- 2 Peter 1:20-21 You are not allowed to let your personal thoughts and feelings to change the Word of God.
- Romans 10:1-3 Spiritual ignorance to establish your own righteousness
- 1 Timothy 2:9 Dress modestly. The way you dress is a witness to this world.
- Numbers 25:1-13 God doesn't get angry at other peoples. He's not expecting them to act differently. He gets angry with us. Story of Phinehas.
- 2 Corinthians 5:20 We are ambassadors and spokesmen, so people can reconcile to God and get back to His mercies.
- 1 Peter 4:12-19 Be a good witness but do it in a godly way. In trials there are 2 possible outcomes, you're either going to get better or you're going to get bitter. Don't get bitter. You'll grow stronger.
- 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 If someone believes in another witness, we need to gently witness to them.
- John 15:18-23 If you walk in the truth, you are not going to be liked or popular. Plant the seeds irregardless.
- Galatians 4:16 Truth hurts. You will make enemies.
- Ecclesiastes 1:18 He that increaseth knowledge increases sorrow. Church goers are the ones who will most likely to turn against you.