By Alan Breitenstein
July 31, 2022
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness, That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to affect their Safety and Happiness.
If you were to look up unalienable rights through a google search nothing is said about where those rights come from. Through this declaration, the signers acknowledged that these unalienable rights came from their Creator and to secure these rights a government of men had to be instituted.
Thus, if these signers of the Declaration declared and risked their lives, fortunes and all else, don't you think that they inserted or tried to insert in the Constitution a way of life that was fitting to them and their posterity? These men had a vision of a better way of life than what King George was giving them. And they acted on that vision.
Unfortunately, even though the Constitution does not mention our Creator as much as it should, it is likely that some of the delegates signing the Constitution were ashamed of their Creator.We spend much time on what the enemy is doing and how bad the enemy is making our life. This is exactly what the enemy wants us to do, focus on them.
The one thing it seems we do not do enough of is to have a thought of what life would be like in God's Kingdom. Nothing is manufactured without a thought.
At the end of each service or before we should declare what we perceive as to what life would be like under Our Redeemer’s rule: We declare that life, liberty, happiness and the pursuit of happiness, property, health, abundance, harmony and peace and safety all exist under the Command of our Redeemer. There is love for our King and our neighbors. There is Truth and Justice. All doubts and all fears are erased. Add to and perfect this declaration. Imagine living it! It must start with a thought and then an act. Is that not what our forefathers did?
The apostle John envisioned this:
1) "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2) And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3) And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4) And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5) And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Take notice in Scripture the many verses that are used that paint a picture of a blessed people. What if we came up with a list of a Godly way of life and presented it to those who do not read God’s Word? Then we could ask them which life would they choose: the one presented to them or the one they are living now.