by Brian Jones
December 27, 2020
Scripture Reading: Psalm 1:1-6
Available in Audio only. The following verses are explored:
- Psalm 11:4-7 God loves and He hates
- James 2:17-26 Does God consider you His friend? God will 'unfriend' you if your arrogant self-rightousness becomes unrighteousness, but He will accept you back as the father of the prodigal son did. He will always be there, but sometimes we bring it on ourselves.
- 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 These verses have nothing to do with food. Don't be yoked together with unbelievers. Take care that you associate with moral people; separating yourself from immoral people.
- Psalm 37:16-19 Don't envy the riches of others. Be generous with your own wealth.
- Psalm 37:22-29 Be content with where you are.
- 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 The change when the old man is buried and born a new man.
- 1 Corinthians 6:18-20 You were bought for a price and therefore you are not free to do anything you want to do. You are a servant and you serve God.
- 2 Peter 2:1-9 A lot of righteous men in the Bible have failed. Sin can be removed if you repent. Your righteousness does not allow you to sin from time to time. That's self-righteousness that turns to unrighteousness.
- 2 Peter 2:13-15 They had a choice and they chose wrong' God forsook them.
- Romans 10:1-3 Ignorant of God's righteousness to establish their own righteousness and have not submitted unto the righteousness of God. You have to practice and you have to care. Have zeal for God's righteousness.
- Proverbs 21:2 We self righteously justify our sins. If you want victory, surrender to the righteousness of God and self righteousness will leave.
- Proverbs 14:34 We have an ungodly, unrighteous nation and we're a reproach to God. We're self righteous because we love our ungodliness.
- 2 Corinthians 2:8-12 We don't love the truth. They love the praise of men more than the praise of God. If you don't love the truth, God will not give it to you.
- Proverbs 13:5-6 Mainstream churches won't teach the truth because, if they do, attendance will go down.
- Psalm 71:1-5 Teach your children the Bible. It's one of the most important things you will do in your lifetime.
- 1 Peter 3:12 God hears the prayers ofthe righteous. He does not hear the prayers of the self righteous or unrighteous.
- 1 John 1:6-10 We all sin and if we say we don't sin, the the truth is not in us.
- 1 John 5:17-21 ALL self righteous is sin. Seek the righteousness of God and get rid of self righteousness. God may catch you or He may not, but whatever He does, it's for your own good.