The Wake-up Herald
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof. Romans 13:11-14
Robert McCurry, Editor & Publisher
January 23, 2016
Do you know how many babies have been murdered in America since 1973? It is a number that is almost too horrible to think about. An astounding 60+ million American babies have been killed by various abortion methods since Roe v. Wade was decided back in 1973. So what should be done to a country that kills 60+ million of its own people? We rightly condemn other totalitarian regimes throughout history such as Nazi Germany, the USSR and Communist China that have killed millions (or tens of millions) of their own people.
But what about us?
Sadly, most Americans don’t even think much about abortion these days. Most Americans consider it to be a “political issue” that has already been “settled”. The truth is that the percentage of Americans that consider themselves to be “pro-choice” has been declining over time. Perhaps it is still possible to see a shift on this issue in the United States. We just need more people to start standing up for those that cannot stand up for themselves.
The following are 26 facts about abortion in America that every American should know…
- There have been more than 56 million abortions performed in the United States since Roe v. Wade was decided back in 1973.
- There have been well over a billion abortions performed around the world since 1980.
- When you total up all forms of abortion, including those caused by the abortion drug RU 486, the grand total comes to more than a million abortions performed in the United States every single year.
- Approximately 47 percent of the women that get an abortion each year in the United States have also had a previous abortion.
- The number of American babies killed by abortion each yearis roughly equal to the number of U.S. military deaths that have occurred in all of the wars that the United States has ever been involved in combined.
- About one-third of all American women will have had an abortion by the age of 45.
- Approximately 3,000 Americans lost their lives as a result of the destruction of the World Trade Center towers on 9/11. Every single day, more than 4,000 American babies are killed by abortion when you include all forms of abortion.
- The United States has the highest abortion rate in the western world.
- It has been reported that a staggering 41 percent of all New York City pregnancies end in abortion.
- Most women that get abortions in the United States claim to be Christian. Protestant women get 42 percent of all abortions and Catholic women get 27 percent of all abortions.
- According to Pastor Clenard Childress, approximately 52 percent of all African-American pregnancies now end in abortion.
- About 18 percent of all abortions in the United States each year are performed on teenagers.
- One very shocking study found that 86 percent of all abortions are done for the sake of convenience.
- At 8 weeks or older, an unborn baby feels very real physical pain during an abortion.
- According to the Guttmacher Institute, the average cost of a first trimester abortion at the ten week mark is $451.
- The average cost of a vaginal birth with no complications in the United States is now over $9,000.
- A Department of Homeland Security report that was released in January 2012 says that if you are “anti-abortion”, you are a potential terrorist. Unfortunately, there have also been other government reports that have also identified “anti-abortion” protesters as potential threats to national security.
- A while back, one Philadelphia abortionist was charged with killing seven babies that were born alive, but witnesses claim that he actually slaughtered hundreds “of living, breathing newborn children by severing their spinal cords or slitting their necks.”
- Some abortion clinics have been caught selling aborted baby parts to medical researchers.
- Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger once said the following… “The most merciful thing that a family does to one of its infant members is to kill it.”
- In a 1922 book entitled “Woman, Morality, and Birth Control”, Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger wrote the following… “Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race.”
- Planned Parenthood performs more than 300,000 abortions every single year.
- Planned Parenthood specifically targets the poor. A staggering 72 percent of Planned Parenthood’s “customers” have incomes that are either equal to or beneath 150 percent of the federal poverty level. And most of those “customers” live in minority neighborhoods.
- There are 30 Planned Parenthood executives that make more than $200,000 a year. A few of them actually make more than $300,000 a year.
- Planned Parenthood receives hundreds of millions of dollars from the federal government every single year.
- The following is a description of the five steps involved in a partial birth abortion…
- Guided by ultrasound, the abortionist grabs the baby’s legs with forceps.
- The baby’s leg is pulled out into the birth canal.
- The abortionist delivers the baby’s entire body, except for the head.
- The abortionist jams scissors into the baby’s skull. The scissors are then opened to enlarge the skull.
- The scissors are removed and a suction catheter is inserted. The child’s brains are sucked out, causing the skull to collapse. The dead baby is then removed.
Are you disgusted yet?
You should be.
What do we deserve for slaughtering more than 60 million of our own precious children on the altar of convenience? What kind of punishment would be large enough to fit such a monstrous crime?
It would be one thing if our nation had already repented for this tremendous slaughter and was looking back in horror on this great holocaust.
But that is not the case at all. In fact, most of the country seems totally unconcerned about it. Only a very small minority of Americans are troubled enough by abortion to do anything about it.
If we continue down this road as a nation, it is inevitable that we will end up paying a very great price.
By Michael Snyder, on January 13th, 2014
Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death.
Psalm 9:17: The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
Jesus said: Repent or Perish.
Wake-up, Pastors! Wake-up, Christians!
The Wake-Up Herald is published by Robert McCurry. The publication is designed to exalt the true God of the Bible, the Lord Jesus Christ, and inform, inspire, and challenge its readers regarding biblical truth and real-life issues. The contents are the sole responsibility of Robert McCurry and do not represent or speak for or on behalf of any other person or group. There is no subscription charge. The publication is a ministry of faith dependent on the contributions of its readers. Contributions are not tax-deductible. Send all correspondence to: Robert McCurry,605 Moore Rd, Newnan, GA 30263 or firstname.lastname@example.org Remove? Send reply with “remove” in Subject line