by Pastor Brian Jones
October 1, 2017
Scripture Reading: Psalms 7:8-11
God is truth and His truth is forever and never changes. His truth is for the people that He chose. You must be willing to receive the spirit of truth.
The following scriptures were discussed and are highly recommended for a bible study.
- 1 John 2:15-16 Love not the world. Lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life is not from the Father, but from the world
- Romans 12:1-3 Change your way of thinking. Be a humble servant. Cleanse yourself of the garbage the world feeds us.
- Romans 12:19-21 This verse has a second witness: Leviticus 19:18. This has to do with a brethren, not the enemies of God and our people. We are not to serve the enemies of God.
- Ephesians 5:21-26 Change your way of thinking.
- Colossians 3:1-10 Kill the Old Man! The old man is the spiritual condition of a worldly man.
- Colossians 3:15 How we should treat our family
- James 1:1-8 Tribulation works patience. Count it all joy. it's something that God has to do. The world watches how we endure hard times.
- James 1:12-15 When you get tempted, you either get better or bitter. The world wants you bitter. God needs better and stronger Christians. You will be blessed.
- Proverbs 3:11-12 Through God's correction, you will gain wisdom and be happier.
- Ephesians 5:21-26 Wives submit to husbands and husbands love your wives. Don't fight about worldly things. Worldly women want you to fight with your husbands and not submit. Women are not equal, although they were equal before the fall of Adam. Men can't force or train a woman to submit. They must do it willingly.
- Ephesians 6:1-4 How children and parents should treat one another.
- Ephesians 6:10-17 Cloth yourself appropriately to protect yourself from worldly people. The world hates the truth and they will fight back. The Word of God is our only offensive weapon.
- 1 Peter 4:12-19 if you're an evil doer, it's your fault, but if you are suffering because you're a Christian, you'll be ok. Clothe yourself in accordance to Ephesians 6:10-12. Chris also suffered than we do. Prepare for the battle.
- Matthew 10:32-33 Don't be ashamed of the real Jesus because of what people may think of you.
- Matthew 10:28 Don't fear worldly people
- Matthew 10:34 Christ came with a sword. The sword is the Word. It divides family. Don't let family members move you away from the truth because they don't like it.
- 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 Be ye seperate. You're either in the light or the darkness. Some go to the light, then go back to the darkness. You must come out of worldliness, because it is dark.
- Romans 8:35-39 Don't let the world seperate you from the love of God.
- 2 Timothy 3:1-8 We love the pleasures of the world. Turn away from it.
- 2 Timothy 4;1-10 We turn to fables instead of the truth of God: Peter Cottontail, Santa Clause, etc.
- Psalms 23 The Lord will lead you in the paths of righteousness. Are you following Him or are you following the world?
- Exodus 3:13-15 God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Today's churches say this is changed in the New Testament. They say God changed.
- Isaiah 51:1-2 God did NOT call ALL of the world.
- Luke 1:67-77 Nothing changed from the old to the new!
- Ezekiel 3: 17-21 Your righteousness does not allow you to sin.
- 1 Samuel 8:1-9 People do not reject you; they reject God. The world got ahold of them and they rejected the truth.