The Wake-up Herald
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof. Romans 13:11-14
Robert McCurry, Editor & Publisher
August 14, 2012
... And the Pulpits are Silent
For among my people are found wicked men: they lay wait, as he that setteth snares; they set a trap, they catch men. As a cage is full of birds, so are their houses full of deceit: therefore they are become great, and waxen rich. They are waxen fat, they shine: yea, they overpass the deeds of the wicked: they judge not the cause, the cause of the fatherless, yet they prosper; and the right of the needy do they not judge. Shall I not visit for these things? saith the LORD: shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this? Jeremiah 5:26-31
Despite what the political parties would like you to believe, the problem in America is not the politicians, it is the pulpits. I hate to break the news to you, but most of America’s pulpits are filled with cowardly men. They are a shame to the Christ they claim to serve.
Harsh words, aren’t they? Not the type of thing that will make any friends in this “cheap-Grace” culture in which we live. But that’s okay. I’m not looking to make friends.
I am about fed-up with what I see. How did we ever get such man-pleasing leaders? All that our fore-fathers held dear is being destroyed before our very eyes and hardly a peep from the pulpit. They don’t want to hear it. It's the pulpiteers that I am talking about. They are concerned with being too harsh, they tell me that “Jesus is in control,” that they are not “called” to fight evil and that "we should pray for our enemies.”
Where have these guys come from? What we need is a return of the Voice of God thundering through the prophets standing in America’s pulpits. Not the prissy Purpose Driven drivel passing as the Gospel today. The feminized-preachers of today cannot hold a candle to those who ushered in The Great Awakening which led to the American Revolution, and the abolition of slavery -- two world-changing events spearheaded by the pulpit.
While our nation is killing babies, our schools are indoctrinating Christian-kids in Secular Humanism, and “Truth has fallen in the streets,” our preachers are attending church-growth seminars, using ‘self-help” books to supplement the Bible, and chasing after the butts and bucks. They are fiddling while the nation burns, building their church rather than Christ’s Kingdom.
- Public schools are destroying the faith of Christian children and the pulpits are silent.
- Legislation is introduced to remove the rights of parents and the pulpits are silent.
- Children are taught they came from apes and the pulpits are silent.
- Millions of children are “medicated” to control their behavior and the pulpits are silent.
- Gambling is promoted to pay for schools and the pulpit is silent.
- 4000 babies are being murdered in the womb every day and the pulpits are silent.
- Planned Parenthood kills babies with our tax dollars and the pulpits are silent.
- Judges make laws and the pulpits are silent.
- Tolerance trumps Truth and the pulpits are silent.
- Sodomy is granted legal protection and the pulpits are silent.
- The institution of traditional marriage is crumbling and the pulpits are silent.
- Same-sex marriage is endorsed and promoted by President Obama and the Democratic Party and the pulpits are silent.
- Obama says the Sermon on the Mount justifies gay marriage and the pulpits are silent.
- Government has replaced God as defender and provider and the pulpits are silent.
- Faith-based initiatives invite the government into the Church and the pulpits are silent.
- The IRS muzzles the voice of the Church and the pulpits are silent.
- Taxes are levied to do the work of the Church and the pulpits are silent.
- Children’s service agencies separate family members and the pulpits are silent.
- Self-help books replace the Bible and the pulpits are silent.
- A Purpose Driven Life is elevated above dying to self and the pulpits are silent.
- President Obama and G.W. Bush say Christians and Muslims worship the same God and the pulpits are silent.
- Pagans pray to open a session of Congress and the pulpits are silent.
- Elected officials lie and steal and the pulpits are silent.
- Private property is stolen by government and the pulpits are silent.
- Illegal aliens over-run our borders and the pulpits are silent.
- The entertainment industry celebrates debauchery and the pulpits are silent.
From a bygone era, the sound from the pulpit rumbles throughout the ages.
Could a mariner sit idle if he heard the drowning cry? Could a doctor sit in comfort and just let his patients die? Could a fireman sit idle, let men burn and give no hand? Can you sit at ease in Zion with the world around you DAMNED? - Leonard Ravenhill
Churches don't need new members half so much as they need the old bunch made over. There wouldn't be so many non-church goers if there were not so many non-going churches. Too many churches are little more than four walls and a roof. - Billy Sunday
The voice from the pulpit today sings a different song.
“The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?” Jeremiah 5:31.
Biblical Truth, justice and the American way are a thing of the past.
“None calleth for justice, nor any pleadeth for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity.” Isaiah 59:4.
Tragically, the pulpits are silent.
Coach Dave Daubenmire, NewsWithViews.com
Wake-up, Pastors! Wake-up, Christians!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The Wake-Up Herald is published by Robert McCurry. The publication is designed to exalt the true God of the Bible, the Lord Jesus Christ, and inform, inspire, and challenge its readers regarding biblical truth and real-life issues. The contents are the sole responsibility of Robert McCurry and do not represent or speak for or on behalf of any other person or group. There is no subscription charge. The publication is a ministry of faith dependent on the contributions of its readers. Contributions are not tax-deductible. Send all correspondence to: Robert McCurry,605 Moore Rd, Newnan, GA 30263 or firstname.lastname@example.org Remove? Send reply with “remove” in Subject line