by Pastor Brian Jones
April 16, 2017
Scripture Reading: Ecclesiates 3:1-8
A message of inspiration to you to give God your time and to study the Scriptures. Available in audio only.
The following scriptures were discussed:
- Luke 4:4: You need to feed your spirit (by reading God's Word).
- John 6:48-51: If you drink of the well, you will never thirst again. Jesus is the living bread.
- 1 John 2:15-17: This world wants our time and gives us many distractions.
- Exodus 20:8-11: Remember to rest on the Lord's day.
- Exodus 20:12: Honoring mother and father is staying true to the Word. Remain faithful. Obedience, respect and fear God. Honor God Monday through Saturday while you're living in the world.
- Judges 14:1-3: Sampson's parnts berated him for hanging out with the Philistines, who were God's enemies. Choose to sin, choose to suffer.
- Judges 10:6: Our people have forsook God.
- Judges 10:10-16: We have chosen other gods, which angers God. Any god that is not the God of Israel is Baal. Don't hang out with the ungodly people of the world.
- Proverbs 1:22-33, 7-10: If you don't have time for God, or time to go to church or time to read the Bible, then don't bother to pray. Complacency is a cancer to your spiritwill will eventually kill you.
- Proverbs 27:6: Your best friend needs to be a covenant believer.
- I Thessalonians 5:19: Quench not the spirit. You quench the spirit by not feeding it. You gradually fall away from God.
- Romans 10:1-3: Zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. Knowledge of Gor or arrogance of your own self-righteousness.
- Acts 17:2-12: Do not hold anything of this world higher than God. Search the Scriptures daily. What Paul told them inspired them to read the Scriptures.
- Acts 13:46-52: The leadersraised persecution against the disciples after the disciples had made some progress in spreading the Gospel.
- I Corinthians 8:5-6: There are many gods. Worldly things are taking precidence over God.
- Luke 13:23-30: The gate is narrow. There are many gods and lords. Woe to the pastors who scatter the flock. God did not die for everyone.
- John 5:39-47: You know my name, you know my story, but you don't know me! Pastors throw away the Old Testament even though it spoke of Jesus.
- 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12: There is pleasure in unrighteousness. People don't love truth; they want to be right all the time. They will believe a lie. Pastors want more people because it amounts to mroe money.
- I Chronicles 28:9: Serve God with a perfect heart and a willing mind.
- I Chronicles 29:10: Blessed be the Lord God forever. We sin. We are forgiven through the Blood of Jesus. Depart from me for I never knew you OR well done, good and faithfuyl servant. All God wants is your time.