by Pastor Brian Jones
September 29, 2013
Scripture Reading: Ephesians 5:1-8
A message detailing the consequences of attaching the Lord's name to false doctrine; pastors who teach that "God loves everyone" is taking God's name in vain.
Available in audio only. Scriptures discussed:
- Ephesians 5:6
- Jeremiah 23:1-2 ... pastors that scatter the flock
- Jeremiah 23:10-13 ... He will visit evil that is "in His house" causing people to err
- Jeremiah 23:25-32 ... God is against prophets who lie
- I Chronicles 28:9 ... Many sin with the excuse "I know it's wrong, but God knows my heart". When you sin, you turn your back on God. Are you testing God with your sin?
- Proverbs 18:12 ... You must deny and humble yourself and pick God's ways
- I Corinthians 1:26 ... Simple obediance
- Hosea 13:4
- Hosea 14:1 ... do not forsake the law
- Romans 10:9
- Romans 10:1 ... Israel might be saved but not by their own righteousness
- Romans 11:1 ... God has not cast away Israel. Gentiles are the scattered tribes of Israel. Anyone who preaches that God loves everyone takes the Lord's name in vain.
- Psalms 78:5 ... Keep His covenants and commandments. The law was NOT nailed to the cross. (His law is now in our hearts - Hebrews 8:8)
- I Peter 4:14-19 ... Don't be ashamed that you are following God's Word. Have a happy heart. Most persecution of following God's Word comes from judeo-Christians!
- Ephesians 4 ... Do not walk as gentiles, but love one another
- Revelation 21:1-2; 10-14 ... Twelve gates with names of Twelve Tribes of Israel ... not ONE gate as the judeo Christians would have us believe
- Joshua 7: 1-26 ... Israel has sinned in that they have transgressed the covenant of the Lord! They are accursed. Our buried sin hurts ALL of us.
- Deuteronomy 32:16-21 ... Got hates it when our people serve other gods.
- Isaiah 43:1 and 10 ... Only God is the Way; no other way, despite what false judeo-Christian religions teach
- Isaiah 30:8-10 ... Rebellious people hearing not the law
- Isaiah 28:15-18 ... under falsehood we have hid ourselves. We cannot hide behind false teachings. When lies are swept away, you will be swept away as well.
- Acts 28:20-27 ... There will come a time that sound doctrine will not be heard. God's love for is a perfecting love, not a pampering love.
- I Corinthians 13:1-2 ... Must have love for the Word and for God's people in order to present the Word
- II Kings 17:7 ... We are admonished to turn from our evil ways. Today, we have turned our backs on God's law
- Hebrews 13:20-21